Friday, February 23, 2018

Book Review: If You Died Tomorrow I would Eat Your Corpse by Wrath James White

If You Died Tomorrow I Would Eat Your CorpseIf You Died Tomorrow I Would Eat Your Corpse by Wrath James White

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Many of the poems in "If You Died Tomorrow I would Eat Your Corpse" are confessions of love by Wrath James White to his wife. But this is Wrath James White and these are no normal love poems. Each page is filled with vivid descriptions of explicit sex and consensual violence. Flesh is bruised, blood is spilled, tears are shed. White rounds out his collection with two short stories, one untitled and one called "Her Nightmare," which is my favorite entry out of all of the excellent entries. The story is about a woman named Sheila who made a dark deal with a nasty demon so she would never have disappointing sex again. When the demon comes to collect his final debt, it is a gloriously bloody ending to, well, one of the worst mothers in history. If you like extreme horror and violent sex, this will probably be right up your alley.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment