Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Book Review: Unbortion by Rowland Bercy, Jr.

UNBORTIONUNBORTION by Rowland Bercy Jr.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


In the hands of Troma, a story about an aborted fetus that murders hobos and kills a pack of raccoons on its way back to its mother could be hysterical. Unfortunately, Bercy is so heavy handed when it comes to his opinion on abortion, it distracts from the story and a toil out of finishing the story. The mother is frequently referred to as a monster who decided to abort over a misunderstanding with the father. The doctor who performed the abortion is portrayed as a morally bankrupt man who sleeps with his nurses and laughs about dumping the fetuses in the trash. Bercy needs to develop a deft hand and learn to tell a story without clubbing the reader with his personal beliefs. That said, I will check out future releases from Bercy because I definitely do see a potential for awesome splatter/gore/horror/bizarro works to come.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review UNBORTION. I am surprised that you figured I had a strong opinion either way about abortion. I see pro-life and pro-choice both as having very valid points of views and even wrote a preface stating as much, which I decided to not include in my book. Maybe I should have, lol... I guess hindsight is really 20/20. Again, I really appreciate your input, which will allow me to grow and learn as a writer and in my personal life.

    ReplyDelete