Monday, May 19, 2014

Review: Through The Wildwood (The Legend of Vanx Malic) by M. R. Mathias

Through the Wildwood (The Legend of Vanx Malic #1)Through the Wildwood by M.R. Mathias
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love speculative fiction, but I lean heavily in favor of the horror and bizarro genres. Except for occasional excursions into Terry Pratchett, I avoided fantasy stories. I can't even get into the LOTR and Hobbit movies let alone read them. I'll watch Smaug eventually because Benedict Cumberbatch is the voice of the dragon and his voice is almost as cool as mine. Almost.

But, to be cliche, I digress.

The book is both funny and exciting and the character development is top notch. Weighing in at just a little over 300 pages, it is a quick read that can be finished in one sitting.

Mathias has redeemed the fantasy novel in my eyes. I'm jealous of the way he lets his imagination run wild and puts it all down on paper so well. Great job!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment